Last updated on: 08/06/2020
6.2. How are the FOOTBID Leagues different from other fantasy leagues? 6.2. How are the FOOTBID Leagues different from other fantasy leagues?
The FOOTBID fantasy Leagues module offers several innovative features compared to other options available, namely including the 4 key differences presented below:
- Player availability and pricing is defined by the FOOTBID Marketplace, which replicates a financial market [FAQ 4.5], thus creating a more realistic scarcity on player acquisition and use on matchday;
- Users may apply different number of player shares in order to increase or decrease a specific player's weight in the overall team performance, hence allowing for much more granular strategies than on traditional fantasies [FAQ 6.19];
- Instead of a scoring approach based on a limited set of match metrics, the FOOTBID leagues consider the rating provided by experts [FAQ 8.2] as the ultimate notation on player performance, thus levelling the playing field for players of all positions;
- League creation in FOOTBID is available to all users who may customize their challenges, for instance, creating a league only for midfielders or with a 5-player team [FAQ 6.7].
6.3. What is the difference between the various sections in Leagues? 6.3. What is the difference between the various sections in Leagues?
The sections in the Leagues module depend on the league status and your participation:
- Subscribed: displays the leagues you have subscribed and have not yet been started or concluded;
- Finished: displays the leagues you have subscribed that have already finished or that were cancelled;
- All Leagues: displays all leagues in FOOTBID that are planned or already ongoing;
- New League: enables you to create new leagues, considering your personal preferences, namely in terms of constraints, entry fees, prize calculation mechanics, among other [FAQ 6.7].
6.7. Can I create a new league? 6.7. Can I create a new league?
Yes, you can! We want you to have full control of the conditions you play in, thus every user may create any number of new leagues he or she desires. You can have a 5-a-side league with your friends and an 11 men league with your co-workers running in parallel.
To create a new league, you should go to the Leagues menu and select the ' New League' tab. Once on the 'New League' section, there are a number of options available for you to select. We will go over each of these, below:
- Banner: The most visual element of your league, you should select a cool image that describes what your league is all about. This image is optional and, if blank, we will select a nice placeholder instead.
- Name: How will your league be remembered? Be creative, bold and respectful.
- Mode: You can either create a league that is 'open' to every one interested in playing, or you can select the 'closed' option and limit the league to whoever you share the link with, through the icon [FAQ 6.8].
- Description: Optional information on the league and the conditions in which it should be played.
- Start date: When will your league start? Don't forget to give enough time for your friends and other people to subscribe. Please note that for any leagues starting in the middle of a matchday (or less than 2 hours before the start of its first game), the following matchday will be considered as the first instead.
- End date: It should not be lower than 5 days after its start. Other than that, there aren't many rules. You can go for a week long league (with only one matchday) or you can go for the traditional season long fantasy.
- Competition: Here you should select the competition in which your league will be based in. For now, you can select the Portuguese "Primeira Liga", but keep a close eye on any FOOTBID news.
- Entrance fee: It should be greater than 0 and lower than your current coin balance. The entrance fee you choose, will be decisive for the prize pot (i.e. it will be the entrance fee multiplied by the number of subscribers of the league).
- Prize distribution: For now, there are three options: (i) winner takes all (or WTA), (ii) divided by the top 3 subscribers (with a 50% / 35% / 15% distribution) and (iii) divided by the top 5 subscribers (with a 40% / 30% / 15% / 10% / 5% distribution).
- Squad size: You can select a minimum of 5 players per league, up to a maximum of 11 players. Please note that, regardless of the squad size, you can always add more shares of a given player (when available) if you believe he will be a top performer.
- Minimum positions: Here, you have the option to constraint the positions of the players eligible for the league. The sum of the position constrained players cannot be greater than the selected squad size [FAQ 6.11].
Please note that, once created, you will be automatically subscribed in your league.